Brothers' Songbook Vol.1 / 180gr.
A lifelong bluegrass and country music fan, legendary singer, songwriter and producer Barry Gibb has long dreamed of a project that would bring him together with some of the artists he admires the most. With the help of Grammy Award-winning producer Dave Cobb, that dream has become a reality with GREENFIELDS: The Gibb Brothers Songbook, Vol. 1.
Across twelve of the Gibb Brothers beloved songs reborn, the album features collaborations with Alison Krauss, Brandi Carlile, David Rawlings, Dolly Parton, Gillian Welch, Jason Isbell, Jay Buchanan, Keith Urban, Little Big Town, Miranda Lambert, Olivia Newton-John, Sheryl Crow and Tommy Emmanuel.
Of the experience, Barry Gibb shares, “From the first day we stepped into RCA Studios in Nashville (the very place where Elvis, Willie, Waylon, Roy, the Everly Brothers and so many other legends made their magic) the album took on a life of its own. I couldn’t be more grateful for the opportunity to work with Dave and all the artists who stopped by. They were all incredibly generous with their time and talent. They inspired me more than words can express. I feel deep down that Maurice and Robin would have loved this album for different reasons. I wish we could have all been together to do it…but I think we were.”
- 1 -
- 1. I've Gotta Get a Message To You (With Keith Urban)
- 2. Words of a Fool (With Jason Isbell)
- 3. Run To Me (With Brandi Carlile)
- 4. Too Much Heaven (With Alison Krauss)
- 5. Lonely Days (With Little Big Town)
- 6. Words (With Dolly Parton)
- 2 -
- 1. Jive Talkin' (With Miranda Lambert, Jay Buchanan)
- 2. How Deep is Your Love (With Tommy Emanuel, Little Big Town)
- 3. How Can You Mend a Broken Heart (With Sheryl Crow)
- 4. To Love Somebody (With Jay Buchanan)
- 5. Rest Your Love On Me (With Olivia Newton-John)
- 6. Butterfly (With Gillian Welch, David Rawlings)