Brave New World is the third album by American rock band Steve Miller Band, released in 1969. It is the band's first album following the departure of founding members Boz Scaggs and Jim Peterman, with Ben Sidran replacing Peterman on keyboards.
The track "My Dark Hour" featured Paul McCartney (credited as "Paul Ramon") on backing vocals, drums, guitar and bass guitar, and he performed additional backing vocals on "Celebration Song". "My Dark Hour" was recorded in a late-night session on May 9, 1969 after an acrimonious argument between McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Starr over signing a contract appointing Allen Klein as The Beatles' financial manager. Lennon, Harrison and Starr walked out, while McCartney remained at Olympic Studios. Miller was the only member of the band to attend the session, and the song emerged from him and McCartney jamming.
The primary guitar riff on "My Dark Hour" was also used on the title track to Steve Miller's 1976 album Fly Like an Eagle.
"Space Cowboy" uses the same primary guitar riff as the Beatles' song "Lady Madonna," owing perhaps to McCartney's involvement on "My Dark Hour" and allied permission. It was released as downloadable content for the video game Rock Band on January 20, 2009.
- 1. Steve Miller Band - Brave New World
- 2. Steve Miller Band - Celebration Song
- 3. Steve Miller Band - Can't You Hear Your Daddy's Heartbeat
- 4. Steve Miller Band - Got Love 'Cause You Need It
- 5. Steve Miller Band - Kow Kow
- 6. Steve Miller Band - Seasons
- 7. Steve Miller Band - Space Cowboy
- 8. Steve Miller Band - LT's Midnight Dream
- 9. Steve Miller Band - My Dark Hour
EAN Code: 0602567239031